Four Critically Injured In Transformer Blast In Bhubaneswar

Bhubaneswar: Four workers, including the owner of a tiffin shop, sustained critical burn injuries after an electric transformer near their shop went off in front of the OMFED office in the Chandrasekharpur area here in the early morning on Wednesday.

According to reports, Bijay Behera, the tiffin shop owner was preparing breakfast with his son, brother-in-law and a man from his village when the transformer suddenly went off. As a result, they sustained critical burn injuries as the fire spread to the shop.

Following the incident, the locals and some OMFED employees rushed to the spot and admitted the four injured to the Capital Hospital. They were later shifted to the Burn Unit of the SCB Medical College and Hospital as their condition worsened.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.