Govt Ayurvedic College Principal Arrested In DA Case In Odisha’s Balangir
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance on Friday arrested Prof Sudarshan Behera, Principal, Government Ayurvedic College and Hospital in Balangir for possession of disproportionate assets (DA) to his known sources of income.
During house searches by Vigilance sleuths on Thursday, the following movable and immovable assets worth crores of rupees were unearthed in the name of Prof Behera and his family members:
1) A G+3 residential building at Sakhigopal Block Chhak under Satyabadi police station in Puri district
2) A two-storey building at Sriramchandrapur, Satyabadi, Puri.
3) A building at Sorisiapada, Gop in Puri.
4) 28 plots in prime area of Bhubaneswar and Gop, Pipili, Satyabadi of Puri district.
5) Gold jewellery weighing approx. 250 gm.
6) 3 four-wheelers and 1 two-wheeler worth over Rs 32 lakh.
Behera and his family members were found with possession of disproportionate assets which were 113% excess to his known sources of income.
Following his arrest, Prof Behera has been forwarded to the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar. Bhubaneswar Vigilance has registered a case against Prof Behera in this connection under PC Amendment Act, 2018.