Hotelier Dies After Coming In Contact With Live Wire Near Puri-Konark Helipad In Odisha

Konark: A hotelier allegedly died of electrocution after coming in contact with a low-lying high voltage electric wire near Konark-Chandrabhaga helipad in Odisha’s Puri district on Tuesday.

The deceased has been identified as Bhaskar Behera. He was also the president of Chandrabhaga Traders’ Association.

According to sources, the mishap took while he was on his way to his hotel on a motorcycle. Irate locals blocked the Puri-Konark Road following the incident, obstructing vehicular movement. Tourists visiting Puri and Konark found themselves stranded on the road following the blockade.

On being informed, Police reached the spot and tried to pacify the agitators.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.