Know New Name Of Power Utilities Wesco & Southco In Odisha After Tata Power Takeover

0

Bhubaneswar: Tata Power on Thursday took over the management and operations of two power distribution companies in Odisha – Wesco and Southco – on completion of the sale process.

Stating this in a release, Tata Power said Wesco and Southco will now be known as TP Western Odisha Distribution Limited (TPWODL) and TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL) respectively.

While TPWODL will cater to around 2 million consumers with annual input of 7520 MUs in Rourkela, Burla, Bhawanipatna, Balangir and Bargarh circles of Wesco, TPSODL will cover 2.3 million consumers with input of 3470 MUs in Ganjam City, Berhampur, Aksa, Bhanjanagar, Jeypore and Rayagada circles of Southco.

“It is a proud moment for us as we have ushered in the new year by commencing operations in Wesco and Southco in State of Odisha. We are committed to provide reliable, affordable and quality power supply along with superior customer service,” said Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD of Tata Power.

Earlier, the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) had issued the order allowing Tata Power to hold 51% of equity with management control and the state-owned GRIDCO the rest 49% in the company.

With the inclusion of two discoms in Odisha, Tata Power has increased its consumer base to 9.5 million from the present 5.2 million in Mumbai, New Delhi, and Ajmer.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.