Lingaraj Temple Readied For Bol Bam Devotees; Know The Schedule
Bhubaneswar: Tomorrow is the first Monday of the holy month of Shravana and Kawariyas (devotees) have started arriving at the Lingaraj Temple here from Sunday afternoon.
They will bring along holy water from different rivers and offer it to the Lord Shiva.
The Lingaraj temple administration has begun preparations to ensure its smooth conduct.
- The ASI has started making barricades inside and outside of the temple.
- Barricade will be put up from Singha Dwara to Uttara Dwara and Dakhina Dwara of the temple.
- The non-veg eatery shops located from Badheibanka Chhak to the temple will remain shut for a month.
- Police forces will be deployed from Sunday afternoon for the safety of the Kawariyas.
- The temple will be opened at 3 am on Monday.
- After the Mangala Alati and Abakasa rituals, the Sahana Mela darshan will be start from 4 am, informed Lingaraj Temple Executive Officer Pradip Kumar Sahoo.
The Kawariyas have to queue up near Ada Katha, where a long copper pipe has been installed. They will pour the holy water into the pipe. The water through the pipe will fall upon the Shakti of Lord Shiva directly.
Each Kawariya will pay Rs 10 as Shravani Pauna for pouring the holy water using the copper pipe.