Bhubaneswar: Are you planning to shift back to Odisha and work from home till the COVID-19 situation improves? In case you are wondering if the internet is still a pain in Odisha, you are wrong. Here are the high-speed options available that OdishaBytes has hand-picked, including fibre plans:
Things to note:
- Broadband plans are supplied either by cable/fiber or wireless antenna.
- Fibre plans are cheaper and faster but are not available everywhere. Click here to check areas where Jio Fiber is available.
- Wireless plans also depend on the availability of tower and height of the building.
- Most ISPs operate in Cuttack, but none have fibre plans.
- Ortel and BSNL have the widest network in Odisha.
- Railtel service is a subsidiary of Indian Railways.
- Installation costs vary. For example, Wefe charges Rs 2,500 for wireless connections, apart from the router. Fibre installation cost is usually more. A WiFi router usually costs an additional Rs 1,000.
- All the above ISPs have multiple plans. Visit their sites for more details.
- Apart from the above fixed-line services, mobile internet providers such as Jio, Airtel, Vodafone also provide 4G internet services here. Their speeds are highly dependent on network conditions.