Mumbai: Bollywood celebrities portray larger than life roles on the screen, making us feel they are invincible in real life too. The fact is they are as human as us and as vulnerable to the vagaries of life as us. The going is tougher for them because they experience extreme highs and lows of stardom, which leads to depression, anxiety, anger etc. that sometimes lead to illness too.
Here are the several Bollywood celebs whose careers got limited by untimely death.
1. Irrfan Khan: The internationally acclaimed actor died at the age of 53 in Mumbai on April 29, 2020. He was battling Neuroendocrine tumour (a rare form of cancer) in the past few years and returned to India after his treatment in New York. He left the entire world in deep shock with his demise. He was last seen in the film, ‘Angrezi Medium’.
2. Rishi Kapoor: Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor, too left the nation in pain after his sudden death. He died at the Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital due to leukaemia (blood cancer). He took his last breath at the age of 67 on April 30, 2020, a day after Irrfan Khan’s demise.
3. Wajid Khan: The 42-year-old star music composer died on May 31, 2020 due to kidney infection, which led to kidney failure.
4. Sridevi: The first female superstar of India, Sridevi died at the age of 51 in Dubai on February 24, 2018. Her demise put the entire nation in unbearable shock. She drowned in a bathtub in her hotel room in Dubai.
5. Kaushal Punjabi: The 42-year-old Indian film and television actor was found dead in his house in Pali Hill, Mumbai on December 26, 2019. He hanged himself and was suffering from depression. He was featured in movies like Kaal, Lakshya, Kya Haal Mister Panchaal etc.
6. Jiah Khan: The talented actress took her life after she failed to fight with depression and a sinking career. Her mother accused Suraj Pancholi for her death and her abortion. Suraj Pancholi is still under investigation. She died on June 3, 2013 at the age of 25.
7. Rasika Joshi: Superstar of Marathi actor and favourite actor of film director Priyadarshan, she left the glamour world in tears with her demise. She was suffering from leukaemia (blood cancer) and died at the age of 39 on July 7, 2011.
8. Inder Kumar: Inder Kumar died of a heart attack at the age of 43 on July 28, 2017. The Bollywood actor and a noted performer was struggling financially and socially when people close to him started ignoring him after he was accused in a molestation case. He tried hard to fight back and enter tinsel world again.
9. Laxmikant Berde: The Bollywood actor mostly appeared in comic roles in films like Maine Pyaar Kiya, Hum Saath Saath Hain and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. He made laugh but died himself at the age of 50 on December 16, 2004 due to kidney damage.
10. Divya Bharti: Her death in 1993 shocked the entire nation. She fell from the balcony window of her fifth-floor apartment in Mumbai. She was only a 19-years old when she died. The actual cause of her death remains a mystery to this day.