Have you lost your Aadhaar card and can’t locate a nearby centre to get a new one? You have two options — either reorder the card online or print an e-Aadhaar, both from the comfort of your home.
E-Aadhaar is a print out of the Aadhaar card and is a valid legal document. Laminates and plastic cards are not necessary. “There is no concept such as a smart Aadhaar card,” Ajay Bhushan Pandey, Director General and mission director of UIDAI, had said.
However, media reports suggest that some authorities are reluctant to accept e-Aadhaar print-outs. For them, you can simply reorder the original Aadhaar card.
How to reorder Aadhaar:
- Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/order-reprint on your laptop or phone’s browser
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number or 16 digit Virtual ID
- Enter the Security Code (captcha)
- You can request an OTP on your mobile number or use a ‘TOTP’ from your mAadhaar app
- Once you have entered the OTP/TOTP and verified, the page will redirect to a payment gateway where you have to make a payment of Rs 50 from debit/credit cards or netbanking or UPI
- After successful payment, your Aadhaar card will be printed and sent to you via Speed Post.
To get e-Aadhaar, you can go to ‘Download Aadhaar’ section on the same site and follow similar steps. The downloaded pdf will be password protected. The password is the first four letters of your name followed by the last four digits of the Aadhaar number.