Major Fire In Pathology Department At SCB
Cuttack: Panic gripped SCB Medical College and Hospital this morning after a major fire broke out in two rooms of the pathology department.
Sources said some attendants noticed flames billowing out of two rooms of the pathology department and immediately informed the authorities. On receiving the information, a fire brigade unit from Mangalabag rushed to the hospital. It took over two hours for the fire service personnel to douse the fire.
Property worth crores, including equipment and electrical appliances, have been completely gutted in the two rooms, the sources said.
Some staff in the department said they could not immediately notice the fire as the two rooms were locked. Going by the extend of damage, fire officials believe it might have broken out at least three hours ago.
The exact cause of fire was not immediately known, but fire officials suspect a short-circuit from one of the air-conditioners in the two rooms might have triggered it.
Comments are closed.