Major Fire Breaks Out In Showroom Of Electric Vehicles In Cuttack

Cuttack: A showroom of electric vehicles was completely damaged due to a massive fire in Odisha’s Cuttack city on Friday evening.

As per reports, some locals spotted smoke coming out of the showroom located on Canal Road in Ranihat of the city. As the shop was closed at the time, they informed the Fire Brigade.

Two teams of Fire personnel along with their vans rushed to the spot and started the operation to bring the fire under control. By the time they extinguished the fire, the entire showroom was gutted.

Though the exact cause of the fire has not been ascertained, it is suspected to have been started by a short-circuit in electrical connection. Since the e-vehicles were fitted with batteries, the fire spread rapidly.

The showroom had mostly electric scooters on display. Around 15 e-scooters were totally damaged in the fire, the sources said.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.