Mumbai: Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Sameer Wankhede, who is investigating the drug connection of several Bollywood celebrities including superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan, has “sought protection” from legal action.
Wankhede fears “being framed” falsely with “ulterior motives”, according to NDTV. The officer wrote a letter to the Mumbai police chief saying that jail and dismissal threats have been issued against him by “highly respectable public functionaries”.
This could be in connection with Nationalist Congress Party leader and Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik’s statement that the NCB officer would lose his job in a year’s time.
“They (BJP) have a puppet – Wankhede. He raises bogus cases against people. I challenge that Wankhede that he’ll lose his job within a year… We have evidence of bogus cases,” Malik was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
While seeking protection from “precipitate legal action”, the officer said in the letter that “unknown persons” were planning to frame him falsely.
Earlier on Sunday, a witness Prabhakar Sail – who claims to be a personal bodyguard to KP Gosavi, the alleged private investigator whose selfie with arrested Aryan Khan went viral – claimed that he heard a conversation between him and one Sam D’Souza on October 3 about an 18-crore deal. KP Gosavi, who has gone missing, said they will have to give 8 crores to Sameer Wankhede, Sail has said in an affidavit.