Bhubaneswar: ln view of the rapid surge in COVID-19 cases in Odisha, the Health and Family Welfare department has requested all district collectors and Municipal Commissioners as well as CDM & PHOs to remain in readiness to accommodate new cases.
They have been asked to activate the earlier used government and private COVID facilities in a phased manner as and when required.
The guidelines issued by the department are as follows:
- Government and private COVID facilities which were functionalised during
the 1st phase of the pandemic shall be activated in a phased manner with an increment of 50 beds at a time when needed.
- The number of ICUs shall be 20% of general beds and availability of ventilators shall be at least 50% of all lCUs
- One Authorised Medical Officer and one authorised person OAS (AP) shall be appointed for COVID facility/ies and the name and contact numbers shall be intimated to the government in the email ID- covidfhw.202’[email protected]
- For all technical issues, clarification and referral of patients the Additional
DMET (Prof. (Dr.) Umakant Satapathy) shall be State-level authorised
- While referring patients the principle of cluster districts and SOP for
COVID referral shall be followed
- ln big facilities having more than 100 beds, shall preferably have facilities for surgery (all type), maternity care, NICU and dialysis
- All private hospitals under Odisha Clinical Establishment Act having 30
beds or more must have at least 10% of available beds (General bed & ICU)
reserved for COVID patients. They shall increase the facility up to 80% of
available general beds and ICUs in a phase-wise manner as per the rise in
incidence of COVID patients
- The rental charges and consumables cost for different beds like General bed/
ICU/ NICU/ Ventilators/ OT/ labour table/ Dialysis etc. shall be as approved
- Manpower proportionate to the bed occupancy shall be engaged in Govt.
Covid facilities for management of patients
- A Dedicated helpdesk shall be set up as per the guidelines