Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Friday issued the criteria for alternative assessment of the examinees of the Higher Secondary Examination, 2021, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to a press note by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, the criteria were formulated on the basis of recommendations of an expert committee formed by the state government.
The modalities for alternative assessment are:
- Scores will be awarded to the regular examinees in Theory Papers/Theory Components of papers on basis of the performance of the examinee in the 10th Board Examination. For this purpose a detailed subject mapping has been prepared.
- Scores in Theory Papers for ex-regular examinees will be awarded on the basis of their performance in the previous CHSE Examination which they had appeared.
- Scores will be awarded in the Practical/Project Component of a paper both for regular and ex-regular examinees at their Higher Secondary School level. The scores awarded at the HS School level will be scrutinized and moderated.
- An examinee not satisfied with the result declared on the basis of the alternative assessment criteria, can opt to appear for the examination in the offline mode that will be conducted when the situation will be conducive.
- A formal notification detailing the modalities will be uploaded on the CHSE website.
• The results will be declared in the second week of August.