Know The Traffic Restrictions In Bhubaneswar During Republic Day Parade Tomorrow
Bhubaneswar: The state-level Republic Day parade here to be commanded by IPS officer Rohit Sharma will see only 10 continents. School students have been barred from taking part in the parade in view of the prevailing COVID situation.
Twin City Commissionerate Police have issued a list of restrictions, which will remain in place during the parade on January 26.
* No vehicles or pedestrians will be allowed to enter Mahatma Gandhi Marg unless they are specifically invited to remain present during the ceremony.
* Vehicles moving towards Rabindra Mandap from Housing Board will be diverted to the left lane adjacent to Keshari Talkies.
* Vehicles on their way to PMG square from AG Square will be diverted from Jaydev Bhawan crossing via IDCOL Auditorium road.
* Those coming from 120 TA Battalion and crossing Rabindra Mandap will be diverted from MLA colony crossing towards Unit-4 road.
* Vehicles on Janpath will not be allowed to enter Mahatma Gandhi Marg from the Master Canteen side.
* All the lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg will be sealed.
* They may approach the Mahatma Gandhi Marg either from Master Canteen or through Jaydev Bhawan (Sachivalaya Marg) up to the designated dropping point on the backside of the dais.
* The dedicated parking space for the VVIPs and invitees will be adjacent to the dais enclosed by steel railings. The lanes touching Mahatma Gandhi Marg may also be utilized for parking.
A total of 25 platoons of police force and 70 officers will be deployed to maintain the law and order situation. There will be two units of Special Tactical Unit to tackle any emergency situation.
Commissioner of Police Soumendra Priyadarshi had said that a five-tier security arrangement will be in place during the celebration.