Odisha Man Bitten By Snake While Playing With It After Rescuing; Dies
Khurda: A man died after being bitten by a snake when he tried to play with the poisonous reptile that he had rescued in Odisha’s Khurda district.
The incident took place in Nirakarpur area of Khurda district. The deceased was identified as Dambarudhar Routray alias Kalia of the area. The incident, that reportedly took place on Monday, came to light after a video of the scene went viral on social media.
As per information, Kalia had rescued the venomous snake from a house located in Kashipur. However, instead of releasing the snake in a suitable forest, he tried to play with it and show some tricks in a market area at Nirakarpur.
In the process, the snake reportedly bit a finger of his left hand after which Kalia took shelter in a temple. He was later taken to a hospital in Khurda where doctors referred him to the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar. However, he was taken to a private hospital in Bhubaneswar where doctors declared him dead.
His body was sent to the Capital Hospital for postmortem and then handed over to family members.