Odisha Man Dies After Charging Mobile Phone Explodes On His Chest

0

Paradip: A man died after his mobile phone exploded while he was asleep late on Sunday.

According to sources, Muna Pradhan, a native of Ranpur village of Nayagarh district, had been working as a labourer in a temple construction on the office premises of the Jagannath Truck Owners’ Association for the last two months.

On Sunday night, he went to sleep in a room on the top floor of the office of the Association after putting his phone on charge.

On Monday morning, some labourers sleeping close-by found smoke inside the room. Later, they found Pradhan dead with some portions of his face, hands and chest half-charred.

On being being, Paradip Police rushed to the spot with a scientific team for investigation. The body was later taken for postmortem.

The labourers told the media that the deceased was surfing the Internet while charging the mobile phone. He soon fell asleep with the phone on his chest and it exploded due to excess heat.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.