Odisha: Suresh Mahapatra Appointed Chief Advisor In Chief Minister’s Office
Bhubaneswar: Former chief secretary and chairperson of Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) Suresh Chandra Mahapatra has been appointed as the Chief Advisor, chief minister’s office (CMO).
According to a release from CMO on Friday, Mohapatra has been allowed to relinquish the post of OERC Chairperson on his request. He has been appointed as the Chief Advisor, CMO in the rank of chief secretary.
R Balakrishnan, Chief Advisor, Special Initiatives in the rank of Chief Secretary, will continue in his post and has been relieved from additional charge of Chief Advisor, CMO.
As ChiefAdvisor, Special Initiatives, he will look after the following:
1. Tourism Infrastructure Development and Promotion of Odisha Tourism
2. Special Development Council and SCSTRTI
3. Odisha Millet Mission
4. Odia Language and Culture related special initiatives including State Archives, State Museum,
Craft Museum, Tribal Museum.
5. Odisha Institute of Maritime and South East Asian Studies; Maritime Museum
6. Odia University, Odia Virtual Academy
7, Strengthening of Archaeological efforts in the State
8. Promotion and modernisation of libraries
9. Initiatives towards comprehensive and advanced cancer care and cancer research eco-system
Asit Tripathy, Chairman, Western Odisha Development Council (WODC) has relinquished his additional charges of Principal Advisor on request.