Odisha Vigilance Arrests OAS Officer With 187% Assets Excess Of Income
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance on Friday arrested OAS officer Sangram Keshari Jena for allegedly possessing disproportionate assets (DA) to the tune of 187% of his known sources of income.
Two multi-storey building, including a triple-storey building worth around Rs 1.36 crore, 5 plots, Rs 21.46 lakh bank, postal and insurance deposits, three four-wheelers and other assets were detected during simultaneous searches by Vigilance sleuths at four places linked to Jena, who is currently posted at Revenue & Disaster Management Department in Bhubaneswar, on Thursday.
The officer, who earlier served as Buguda Tehsildar, has been booked under Sections 13(2) r/w 13 (1)(b) of Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act, 2018 and is being forwarded to the Court of Special Judge (Vigilance), Bhubaneswar, a Vigilance release said.
1) A triple-storey building worth around Rs 1.36 crore over 7554 sqft area at Jena Colony, Balugaon, in Khurda district.
2) One building over 2700 sqft area at Haripur, Tangi, Khurda district.
3) 4 plots at Chhotaraypur Sasan, Banpur town, Khurda. And advance of Rs 11 lakh given by Jena to purchase a benami plot at Rampur mouza, Balugaon.
4) Bank, Postal, Insurance and other deposits worth over Rs 21.46 lakh.
5) Rs 85,000 in cash.
6) 3 four-wheelers (TATA Harrier, Maruti Ertiga & Maruti Alto LXI) and 2 two-wheelers worth over Rs 38.29 lakh.
7) Gold jewellery & household articles worth over Rs 11.05 lakh.