Odisha Vigilance Arrests Rural Works Engineer In DA Case After Detecting Huge Assets; 2 Buildings & 21 Plots
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance on Saturday arrested Arjun Kumar Sahoo, Assistant Engineer, Rural Works Sub-Division, Salipur in Cuttack district, for allegedly amassing huge assets which were disproportionate to his known sources of income.
During raids conducted by Vigilance sleuths at properties linked to Sahoo, two buildings, including a triple-storied in Bhubaneswar worth around Rs 1 crore, 21 plots, deposits worth over Rs 88.26 lakh, Rs 5.45 lakh in cash and 3 four-wheelers were detected.
As the Assistant Engineer failed to account for the assets acquired by him, he was placed under arrest, a Vigilance release said.
1) Triple-storey building over 5000 sqft at plot No-45, Khandagiri Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
2) A single-storey building with area 1729 sqft at Sadanandapur, Derabis, Kendrapada.
3) 21 plots, including one in prime area of Bhubaneswar and others in Kendrapada district.
4) Rs 2.83 lakh in cash.
5) Bank deposits and investment in share market over Rs 70.09 lakh.
6) 3 four wheelers (Hyundai Creta, Swift DZIRE & Maruti Suzuki) and 4 two-wheelers.
7) Gold jewellery weighing over 218 grams
The measurement and valuation/assessment of the buildings/ plots is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing. Postal, insurance and other deposits are also under verification.
Vigilance officials led by 8 DSPs, 8 inspectors, 7ASIs and other staff carried out simultaneous house searches at 8 places in Khurdha (Bhubaneswar), Cuttack and Kendrapada districts on Friday.