Odisha Vigilance Raid On Asst Engineer; 3 Multi-Storey Bldgs, 3 Plots & Rs 33L Deposits Detected
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance on Wednesday detected 3 multi-storey buildings, as many plots, deposits worth Rs 33 lakh, 250 gram of gold and a four-wheeler during raids on properties of assistant engineer of PH Division-1 in Baripada, Baneswar Naik, on allegation of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
1) One triple-storey building over 3,250 sqft area at Raghunathpur, Baripada town
2) A double-storey building over 2,100 sqft area at Talanda, Mayurbhanj
3) Another double-storey building over 2,500 sqft area at native village, Chauliasole, Talanda, Mayurbhanj
4) 3 plots, including two in Baripada town and one at Talanda
5) Bank & Insurance deposits over Rs 33 lakh
6) 250 gram gold jewellery
7) A four-wheeler(Maruti Veetara Breeza-ZDI) and 2 two-wheelers.
The measurement and valuation/assessment of the buildings/plots is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing, an official release said, adding that searches are continuing.
Notably, simultaneous searches are being conducted at five places in Mayurbhanj district, including his office at Baripada and house of a relative at Manitri village, by a team led by two additional SPs, three DSPs, seven inspectors, one SI, seven ASI and other staff.