Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 toll touched 324 in Odisha with 10 more patients succumbing to the deadly virus in the last 24 hours.
The new fatalities have reported from Ganjam (4), Puri (3) and one each Cuttack, Sundargarh, and Sambalpur.
The Health Department has identified the deceased as:
- A 44-year-old male of Cuttack who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 60-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 75-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 65-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 70-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 52-year-old male of Sambalpur district.
- A 32-year-old male of Sundergarh district.
- A 50-year-old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 52-year-old male of Puri district.
- A 72-year-old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
With the 10 new deaths, the virus has so far claimed 151 lives in Ganjam district, followed by 42 in Khurda, 21 in Sundargarh, 16 in Gajapati, 14 in Cuttack, 15 in Rayagada, eight in Nayagarh, seven in Balasore, five in Kandhamal, four each in Keonjhar, Bhadrak, eight in Puri, three each in Bargarh, Jajpur, Angul, Sambalpur, and Kendrapada, two each in Koraput, Mayurbhanj, Malkangiri, Jagatsinghpur, Kalahandi and one each in Jharsuguda, Nabarangpur, and Dhenkanal.
While case fatality rate of the country with 48,040 COVID deaths stands at 1.95 per cent, it is 0.59 per cent in Odisha.