Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 death toll in Odisha touched 333 on Saturday with nine more patients succumbing to the virus in the last 24 hours.
The new fatalities were reported from Sambalpur (4), Cuttack (2), and one each in Keonjhar, Ganjam, and Nayagarh.
The Health Department identified the deceased as:
1. A 67-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
2. A 50-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
3. A 53-year-old male of Ganjam district.
4. A 58-year-old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
5. A 75-year-old male of Nayagarh district.
6. A 65-year-old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
7. A 74-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
8. A 78-year-old male of Sambalpur district
9. A 50-year-old female of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
With the nine new deaths, the virus has so far claimed 152 lives in Ganjam district, followed by 42 in Khurda, 21 in Sundargarh, 16 in Gajapati, 16 in Cuttack, 15 in Rayagada, nine in Nayagarh, seven in Balasore and Sambalpur, five in Kandhamal and Keonjhar, four each in Bhadrak, eight in Puri, three each in Bargarh, Jajpur, Angul, and Kendrapada, two each in Koraput, Mayurbhanj, Malkangiri, Jagatsinghpur, Kalahandi and one each in Jharsuguda, Nabarangpur, and Dhenkanal.