Over 20 Hospitalised With Food Poisoning Symptoms After Village Feast In Odisha’s Bhadrak

Bhadrak/Jajpur: More than 20 people fell ill with symptoms of suspected food poisoning after eating at a feast at a village in Odisha’s Bhadrak district.

As per preliminary reports, over to people were admitted to hospitals as they complained of diarrhoea, vomiting and nausea after consuming food at a babyshower in Satha village under the jurisdiction of Bhandaripokhari police station in Bhadrak district.

Sources said at least 12 of them have been rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) in neighbouring Jajpur.

Three of them were reported to have have been shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack as their condition deteriorated.

A medical team consisting of doctors of Bhandaripokhari and Birali health centres have joined hands with the doctors of DHH Jajpur.

Villagers said that the patients had consumed Dahibara at the babyshower. The dahibara had probably fermented due to heat which might have led to food poisoning.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.