Passengers Fall Ill After Dinner On The Bhubaneswar Rajdhani
Bhubaneswar: About a dozen passengers of Bhubaneswar-bound Rajdhani Express complained of uneasiness on Sunday morning after consuming dinner served by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.
A railway spokesperson said a lady passenger of B-3 coach suffered from loose motions. She had ordered non-vegetarian food for dinner on Saturday. Doctors attended to her as the train reached Gomoh station in Jharkhand early on Sunday morning. But soon after, other passengers also started complaining of uneasiness.
An IRCTC official told Odisha Bytes it could be a case of food poisoning, but all passengers are safe now, with doctors travelling on board.
He also said food samples were collected at Bokaro station and a probe has been ordered. “We have taken up the matter very seriously and strong action will be initiated pending the inquiry”.
A team of doctors were also waiting at Tatanagar station for the train to arrive. The indisposed lady passenger will alight at Kharagpur.
The train left New Delhi station at 5.05pm on Saturday and is scheduled to reach Bhubaneswar around 5.30pm on Sunday.
This is not the first incident when passengers reported ill after consuming food aboard trains, but the railways seem to have learnt no lessons. Despite claims of having taken corrective measures, the quality of food served on trains remains an area of concern.