New Delhi: The Indian Railways will impose a fine of Rs 500 on anyone without a mask at railway stations and inside trains.
The Railways said that a penalty will also be charged for spitting on the premises or any act of a similar nature to discourage unhygienic practices endangering public health, said a circular
Besides facemask, other COVID-19 protocols include maintaining social distancing, temperature screening at the entry and exit of stations and encouraging passengers to constantly sanitise their hands, News18 reported.
- Security has been beefed up at stations and in trains. RPF /GRP personnel have been deployed to streamline the inflow of passengers and for crowd management.
- Ticket checking has also been intensified to curb unauthorised passengers and to ensure that only bonafide passengers with confirmed reservations are allowed to board the train.
- All entry and Exit Points of stations are properly manned by the checking staff along with RPF/ GRP personnel.
- Regular announcements and extensive awareness campaigns are being made on social media platforms and digital screens at stations regarding the following of COVID appropriate behaviour by all passengers.
- Sanitisation is being intensified at all common touch areas, offices, lifts, etc.