Pension Disbursal In Odisha Goes Online

Bhubaneswar: To ease the problems of pensioners, the State Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) department has made the process of applying for pensions online.

Pensioners, liable for annuities under the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY), can apply for the same either through SSEPD Department’s website or their mobile app.

Speaking about the online process, Secretary of SSEPD Department Bhaskar Sarma said, “Now, pensioners living anywhere in the state can apply for pension online and in less than 30 days their pension will be disbursed. It will also ensure transparency.”

Many pensioners belonging to the rural and remote areas are not quite familiar with the online application process. Thus, it may take some time for the online process to become completely active, Sarma added.

In another move, the Department has decided to withhold the pensions of accounts that are not linked to Aadhaar, from April 1, 2020. At present, nearly 90 per cent of the accounts are linked to Aadhaar. Efforts are on to link the remaining 10 per cent of the accounts, official sources said.

Pensions under the MBPY scheme are disbursed to differently-abled people, widows, destitute persons and HIV positive patients.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.