Bhubaneswar: Soon after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the PM’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund on Saturday, the bigwigs of our country started pouring in their contributions for their country’s fight against the deadly virus.
Informing about his initiative, PM Modi tweeted, “People from all walks of life expressed their desire to donate to India’s war against COVID-19. Respecting that spirit, the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund has been constituted. This will go a long way in creating a healthier India.”
Here’s a list of people who contributed towards PM’S CARES fund:
- President Ram Nath Kovind has pledged to donate his one-month salary.
- Reliance Industries announced a donation of Rs 500 crore.
- ADANI Foundation contributed Rs. 100 crore.
- Jindal Group donated Rs 100 crore.
- Railways will be donating Rs.151 crore.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank & Uday Kotak personally, committed immediate support of Rs 25 crore each.
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar pledged to contribute Rs 25 crore.
- Pradeep and Pankaj Rathod of the Cello Group contributed Rs. 3.5 crore.
The list goes on and on as there are many others who have generously contributed towards the PM CARES fund.