PM Narendra Modi’s Quotable Quotes: ‘Aatm Nirbhar Bharat’, ‘Vocal About Local’ & More
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s address to the nation on Tuesday was replete with quotes that will serve as fodder for the coming many weeks.
He stressed on an ‘Aatm Nirbhar Bharat’ while saying how the coronavirus pandemic is an opportunity for India to be self-reliant. While talking about the country’s capability and talent to manufacture world class products, he implored Indians to be ‘Vocal About Local’. He said the country needs an economy that brings quantum jump, not incremental change.
He also announced a financial package to help the MSME sector. “I am announcing a special financial package. This will act as a vital link for our self-reliant India campaign. If we add this package to RBI’s announcements, the government’s announcement, the total comes to nearly 20 lakh crore, which is nearly 10 per cent of India’s GDP.”
PM Modi’s five pillars of making India self-reliant
- Economy: We have to bring an economy that doesn’t bring incremental change but quantum jump.
- Infrastructure: We need an infrastructure which can become the identity of modern India.
- System: A system that doesn’t follow norms of the previous century. It should be able to fulfill our 21st century dreams and be technology driven.
- Vibrant Democracy: It is our strength, it is the source of energy for our dream to make India self-reliant.
- Demand: The demand-supply chain is our power, we should use it to its full potential.