What Happened In Room No 201? Police Reconstruct Scene With Jharaphula Death Accused In Bhubaneswar

Bhubaneswar: A day after questioning two employees of OYO Shiv Sai Guest House in the Odisha capital, the Kuakhia police on Wednesday reconstructed the scene at the hotel, where 21-year-old Jharaphula Nayak had spent a night with Rakesh Swain, the prime accused in her death case.

A student of Ramadevi Women’s University here, she was found dead along the road at Mulapala under Kuakhia police limits in Jajpur district on January 27. She hailed from Marundeipasi village under Jashipur police limits in Mayurbhanj.

Rakesh and Jharaphula had checked into the hotel on January 26 and stayed in room no. 201.

Earlier in the day, Jharaphula had alighted from the bus, which she had boarded at Jaydev Vihar square for her village, near Vani Vihar complaining of stomach ache. Rakesh had then picked her from Rupali Square. She had also vomited at an eatery near Lingaraj Temple Road railway station, where they had ordered a plate of chicken biryani. Jharaphula was visibly ill and suffering from stomach ache, the owner of the shop had said.

Following which, they had checked into the hotel. Jharaphula had then called his father and told him that she would be staying at her friend’s house due to the ailment.

Rakesh, who is in three-day police custody, had reportedly found Jharaphula in an unconscious state in the hotel room on January 27.

He called his friend Sekhar and both of them left the hotel with the unconscious girl on a scooter at around 7 am.

Rakesh initially intended to get Jharaphula admitted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. He, however, realized midway that the girl had died.

The duo allegedly went all the way to Jajpur on the two-wheeler and dumped the body at a roadside near Mulapala Chowk in Kuakhia at 9 am.

On Tuesday, a Sub-divisional police officer (SDPO) of Jajpur Road Chinmaya Kumar Nayak had grilled Rakesh for over 4 hours to elicit more details in the sensational case. He was questioned in presence of Jharaphula’s father Ramakant Nayak about his relationship with the girl.

Rakesh was also taken to the place near Mulapala Chhak where he with the help of his friend had dumped the girl’s body. He recreated the sequence of events, police said.

According to sources, health officials have handed over the postmortem report of Jharaphula to police, who are tight-lipped about the findings. Besides, Sekhar is yet to be arrested.

Also Read: Stage Collapses At Farmers’ ‘Mahapanchayat’, Rakesh Tikait Falls

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.