Bhubaneswar: With migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists and others stranded in different states having started returning to their native places, the Odisha government has written to collectors, municipal commissioners and top police officials to set up Border Check Points (BCPs) in order to regulate the movement of people into the state by road.
Following is the standard operative procedure (SOP) to be strictly followed for BCP operation for handling of incoming persons in vehicles:
- Persons intending to enter into/transit through Odisha shall be allowed to enter only through one of the designated Border Check Points (BCPs)
- Odisha Police will operate the BCPs. An officer, not below the rank of Inspector of Police, shall be in charge of the BCP. He/she shall be assisted by other officers & staff as may be required
- BCP will also have an appropriate number of officials & staff from RTO/Transport Commissioner’s office to assist the Police
- Transport Commissioner shall provide computer, printer, data entry operators as well as UPSE Generators and other logistics support, if any, to operate the BCP
- Accommodation/temporary shed, arrangements of drinking water/temporary toilets will be organised by the District Administration
- One Health Team with at least one Doctor/Ayush Doctor, HW(M), HW(F) with basic equipment will be deployed by the H&FW Dep./ CDNO to attend to medical requirements, if any
- Passengers travelling by road, either in group or individually, shall report to BCP where their details will be checked with the pre-registration data
- In case any passenger/vehicle is not registered, spot registration will be done at the BCP
- After registration, all incoming vehicles will be provided with vehicle pass (pre-printed by Transport Commissioner) containing all details by the BCP in-charge. The Pass will remain affixed conspicuously on the windscreen throughout the journey within Odisha
- The BCP will enter the required data in the appropriate module of state portal which will indicate the number of passenger, vehicle details and destination. The module will be accessed by the District Administration for the purpose of advance preparation.
- The passengers will be stamped with indelible ink, on the right inner forearm, indicating the entry date, by the staff of the BCP
- District Administration/Municipal Corporation may arrange appropriate food packets for the returnees.