Scalded By Hot Dal In Odisha’s Ashram School, Five-Year-Old Girl Succumbs

Gajapati: A five-year-old girl, who was severely injured after she fell into a cauldron containing hot dal at a Balika Ashram School in Damadua village under Mohana block in Odisha’s Gajapati district recently, has succumbed to injuries at SCB Medical College and Hospital (SCBMH) in Cuttack.

BJD728

According to sources, the mother of the deceased, Namita Mallick, worked as a cook at the government-run Ashram School. On April 16 evening, Namita’s minor daughter had accompanied her to the school.

While Namita was busy coking, the toddler accidentally fell into a cauldron containing hot dal. She was rescued with severe burn injuries and rushed to a health facility in Mohana.

Later, she was shifted to SCBMCH as her condition deteriorated. After battling with burns and scalds for a week, the minor girl succumbed to injuries in the hospital, where she was undergoing treatment, on Monday.

Her last rites were performed in her village, sources said.

The school authorities are yet to respond to media queries on the incident.

 

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.