Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik gave a slew of suggestions to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday.
Among them were:
- Scaling up coronavirus testing facilities at government and private hospitals across the country and making it free.
- Availability of protection equipment and masks for healthcare personnel.
- Financial support for MGNREGS workers for at least 50 days and families covered under the National Food Security Act.
- Additional instalments for farmers covered under PM KISAN scheme.
- Economic package for various sectors and construction workers.
- Distribution of funds to states in advance.
He made the suggestions during a video conference meeting of the PM with the CMs of all states over coronavirus containment and treatment.
He appreciated the Central Government’s decision regarding restriction on international travel, airlifting Indians from coronavirus-hit areas of the world and availability of State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF).