Bhubaneswar: The Lingaraj Temple administration has put up an elaborate arrangement for the smooth conduct of the rituals and hassle-free darshan of the Lord during the Maha Shiv Ratri celebration on Monday.
Thousands of devotees from Odisha and outside are expected to offer their obeisance at the Lingaraj Temple. Lord Shiva’s Mahadeep will be raised at 10pm.
The puja schedule fixed by the Temple are as follows:
Devotees can have free darshan (Sahana Mela) in three phases on Monday.
1. In the first phase, devotees can have darshan from 3.30 am to 10.30 am. In the second phase, darshan will be held from 3.45 pm to 4.45 pm and in the third phase from 10 pm at night to 11 pm.
2. After the Sahana Mela in the morning, Chhamu Pariskara, Mahasnnana and Vesha rituals will be conducted.
3. Sakala Dhupa ritual will be held at 2 pm in the afternoon.
4. Bhoga Mandap ritual will be held from 2.45 pm to 3.45 pm.
5. Tera Phita ritual will be held at 7.30 pm in the evening.
6. Sandhya Dhupa and Tirtha Jala Anayana rituals will be held in between 8.55 pm and 10 pm.
7. The ‘Mahadeepa’ will be raised at 10 pm. The devotees, who observe day-long fast, wait for this moment before breaking their fast.
8. The Harihar Bheta ritual will be held in between 3.30 am and 4.30 am on Tuesday, following which, Badasinhara Vesha will be held. After that the ‘Pahada’ ritual (Closing ritual) will be held.
List of Mahadeepa In Other Temples Of Lord Shiva
1. The Mahadeepa will be lit at Shri Bhimeshwara temple at 10.30 pm.
The Mangala Arati ritual will be held here at 4 am on Monday and the Sahana Mela darshan will be held from 5 am. The devotees can get darshan of Lord Shiva throughout the day.
The temple door will be closed for one hour between 1 pm to 2 pm in the afternoon.
2. The Mahadeepa will be lit at 10 pm at Baruneswara temple here in Samantarapur. The Sahana Mela will be started will be held from 5 am.
3. The Mahadeepa will be held at 10.30 pm at Bhaskareswara temple here.
The Bhaskareswara Temple Management Committee will organised a Bhajan Samaroha, informed committee president Sanjaya Choudhury.
4. The Mahadeepa will be lit at 10.30 pm in Kapileshwara temple in Odisha capital, informed the servitors. Abadha will be distributed to the devotees as Prasad in this temple.