Four Educational Institutions Of Odisha In NIRF Top 100 Ranking
Bhubaneswar: Six educational institutions of Odisha have found place in the top 100 ranking by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for the year 2018 approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
While the Sikshya O’ Anusanshan (SOA) University ranks 38 in the list with score at 49.59, the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela comes second with 42ndranking (48.62) followed by the IIT-Bhubaneswar (51) (47.07) and Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) (65) (44.81). However, Odisha University of Agriculture Technology (137) and Utkal University (147) are in the NIRF rank-band.
The top 10 institutions and the score as determined by the NIRF are as follows:
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, Karnatataka (82.16)
2. Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, Tamil Nadu (81.39)
3. Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay, Maharashtra (79.20)
4. Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi, New Delhi (73.97)
5. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal (71.39)
6. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (67.97)
7. Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (65.39)
8. Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee, Uttarakhand (64.93)
9. Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh (63.52)
10. Anna University (62.82)
Launched on September 29, 2015, the NIRF framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions. The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.