SOS Children’s Village Among 15 More Micro-Containment Zones In Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: To check the spread of COVID infection, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has declared 15 more micro-containment zones.
The restrictions have been imposed in SOS Children’s Village near Kalinga Studio Chhak and six more places at Patia here following detection of multiple cases, the BMC said.
- Plot no. Sg-10, Sreekhetra Vihar, Aiginia
- Plot no-140, Siddharth Vihar near Jagannath Temple, Aiginia
- SOS Children Village near Kalinga Studio Chhak
- PN-621 Saheed Nagar
- Madhav-802, Baliji Complex, Jharpara, Jair Road
- Plot No-7, Ashok Nagar Ward-41
- Plot No-106, Tulsi Vihar, Garage Chhak, Old town
- Dibyaprava Apartment near Ramakrishna Mission, Vivekananda Marg,
- FN-14, Apollo Villa, KIIT Square, Patia
- CHJ-98, Kanan Vihar Ph-I, Patia
- PN-373, Sishu Vihar, Patia
- A-406, Subhadra Appt, Patia
- PN-521/2488, Patia
- PN-186, Kanan Vihar Ph-II, Patia
- 12 LB, Kalarahanga
On Friday, the civic body had imposed containment restrictions at 11 places.
Entry of the public into the containment zones is banned. The inhabitants of the containment zones have also been advised to stay indoors. Shopping establishments, government and private institutions located within the boundary of the containment zone will also remain closed with essentials and medicines being supplied by the corporation.
The city now has 6492 active cases and the tally is likely to increase further with Khurda reporting over 3000 fresh infections in the last 24 hours.
Bhubaneswar had added 1148 new cases to its affected tally on Friday while 1055 positive cases were reported on Thursday against 803 on Wednesday, 710 new cases on Tuesday, 619 cases on Monday and 574 cases on Sunday.