Bhubaneswar: The office of Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) on Thursday clarified the timings of weekend shutdown to be enforced in all urban areas of Odisha from April 24.
Responding to some media queries, the SRC said that the Friday night curfew will continue till 5 am on Saturday and weekend shutdown will be in force thereafter till Monday morning. The restrictions will continue from Friday evening till Monday morning (5 am).
The weekend shutdown, which was initially imposed in 10 districts bordering Chhattishgarh, was extended to all urban area to break the infection chain by limiting the movement of people.
During the weekend shutdown, all medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and medicine stores, will remain open and movement of ambulances and all medical personnel will be allowed.
The other exemptions are as follows:
• Movement of the district and municipal administration/police/fire services
• Central and state government officials on emergency duty
• Telecom services
• Petrol pumps
• LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, associated personnel and vehicular movement
• Print and Electronic Media identified by Commissionerate/District Police
• Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
• Electricity supply and distribution
• Movement of goods and goods carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
• Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
• Agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary services and allied activities, including procurement at mandis.
• Service sector including IT/ITes, Hotel and Hospitality units, including the movement of staff and associated personnel.
• Movement of rail and air traffic
• Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
• Movement of public transport, private vehicles and taxis to and from airports, railway stations and bus terminal/stops/stands for facilitating the movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
• Marriages and funerals with permission of the local authority
• ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI, Clearing Houses
• Operations of airports, railways stations, bus terminals and their associated movement of personnel and activities
• Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items restaurants and aggregators like Zomato and Swiggy.
• Dhabas along national and state highways/major roads for takeaway only
• Milk boot. and related activities
• Food and grocery stores such as Reliance Fresh, Big Bazaar, Chilika Fresh and others for home delivery only
• Newspaper hawkers between 5 am and 8 am only.