The correct answer entries of last week are from Deepshikha Paul and Aashish Verma.
If you are regularly following Odishabytes, you will be able to answer most of the questions from the “Sunday Quiz” easily.
There won’t be any prize money this edition onward, however the Quiz will continue. Keep enhancing your knowledge & test your Current Affairs quotient.
All the participants will get a free E-Book, which will be a compilation of questions of all the questions at the end of the year 2019.
If you are preparing for any competitive examinations like Banking, Law (CLAT), IAS, OAS and other MBA examinations, this practice will help you do well in your exams while dealing with GK paper questions.
Here are the questions of this edition of “Sunday Quiz”. Do send your answers by June 19, 11pm at [email protected]
- Which mobile game has recently been in the news with the main character sporting a gunslinger moustache similar to that of Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman?
Who has introduced it?
2. Geographical Indication no.612 & Certification no.345 has a special significance and a proud moment for Odisha. What is being referred to here?
3. Which Indian journalist has won the Ramon Magsaysay award for the year 2019?
4. A certain Amit Shukla received a notice from the Madhya Pradesh Police recently. Why?
5. Which country did not allow women to hold a passport and those above 21 to travel abroad without male consent till last week?
6. Which government announced free electricity up to 200 units last week?
7. Which Indian businessman often referred to as India’s Coffee King committed suicide? His letter about harrassment by income tax officials harrassment also went viral.
8. Tigerland is a documentary by Oscar winning Filmmaker Ross Kauffman based on two famous conservationists to save the Big Cat. Name them?
9. Who will feature in Discovery’s top rated programme “Man Vs Wild” on August 12, 2019 with celebrity host Bear Grylls?
10. Which Odia athlete won two medals in athletics at the European Masters Game 2019 at Toronto?
Last edition’s answers:
- Which armed conflict between India and Pakistan is referred as Operation Vijay?
Ans: Kargil War in 1999.
2. Which honorary Lieutenant Colonel is in the news for being a part of Victor force of the Indian Army in the Kashmir Valley during July 31 to August 15?
Ans: M S Dhoni
3. Which brand of jerseys will the Indian cricket team wear from September 15,2019 to March 31, 2022 and why?
Ans: Byju’s Learning app. They are replacing Oppo as the sponsor.
4. Which Odisha-born shuttler clinched a double Gold at the JE Wilson Internal Series at Ghana last week?
Ans: Rutaparna Panda
5. Which landslide at a coal mine near Talcher mishap killed four labourers last week?
Ans: Bharatpur mine of the Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL).
6. He was one of the co-founders of BJD, who lost in the recently held Patkura Assembly election? Identify him.
Ans: Bijoy Mohapatra
7. Which cities in Odisha have fully functional Cyber police stations?
Ans: Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Berhampur
8. Who is the global chief of the popular social media app Whatsapp, which is going to launch it’s payment service in India?
Ans: Will Cathcart
9. Who is the newly appointed Governor of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
10. Who took charge as the Prime Minister of Britain?
Ans: Boris Johnson