Supt Engineer With Assets Worth 338% Of Income Arrested In Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance on Thursday arrested Biswabandhu Panigrahi, Superintending Engineer (SE), Public Health Division, Bhubaneswar and forwarded him to court in DA case.
During raids on the properties of Panigrahi on Wednesday, the Vigilance unearthed following movable and immovable assets worth crores of rupees in the name of the SE and his family members:
1) Double-storey building at VSS Nagar, Bhubaneswar.
2) Agreement with Assotech and advance of Rs 39 lakh paid by Panigrahi to purchase 3-BHK Flat in name of his spouse in apartment of Assotech Pride, Rudrapur, Bhubaneswar.
3) One single-storey building over at Mathasahi, Bhadrak.
4) 6 plots in prime area of Bhubaneswar and Bhadrak.
5) Bank, Postal and Insurance deposits worth Rs 4.02 crore.
6) Rs 3,18,000 in cash.
7) Gold jewellery weighing approximately 421 gm including 269 gm gold.
8) 1 four-wheeler and 4 two-wheelers and household articles worth Rs 17 lakh.
After search, inventory and further inquiry, Panigrahi was found in possession of disproportionate assets which were 338% in excess of his known sources of income.
The Gigilance has forwarded him after the arrest to the court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar. The Vigilance has registered a case against Panigrahi and his spouse in this connection under PC Amendment Act, 2018.