Teenager Tries To Click Selfie Atop Railway Engine, Electrocuted To Death
Chennai: The obsession with selfies continues to cost lives in India.
In a terrible tragedy, a 15-year-old boy was electrocuted to death at the Tirunelveli railway junction in Tamil Nadu on Thursday.
The boy, identified as M Ganeshwar, climbed atop a railway engine and was trying to take a selfie when the tragedy occured.
His father, a quality control inspector with Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies, was on duty when the Ganeshwar went to the goods yard to carry out his adventure. As soon as his body came in contact with the 25,000-volt power line, the boy got electrocuted and fell on the platform.
His body was taken to the Tirunelveli Medical College and Hospital for post-mortem, The Times of India reported.