Three fall ill after consuming mushroom in Mayurbhanj


Mayurbhanj: Three members of a family of Majhigadia village in Mayurbhanj district were hospitalized in the wee hours on Friday after they reportedly consumed poisonous mushroom.
According to reports, the three were rushed to Udala hospital after they complained of severe stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhoea.
“The condition of all the three persons is stable. However, they have been kept under observation. People, mostly in rural areas, should be made aware of the danger of consuming poisonous mushrooms that grow in their vicinity during rainy season,” a doctor said.
Six days ago, five members fell ill after reportedly consuming poisonous mushroom collected from their garden at Padmapur village under Sadar police limits in Balasore district.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.