Three of family injured in gas cylinder blast

Balangir: Three members of a family, including a woman, sustained burn injuries when a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house at Rajiv Nagar under Town police limits in Balangir district on Saturday.

Those injured were identified as Pramodini Guru, Arun Guru and Prakash Meher.

Fire officials suspect a leakage in the pipe connecting the stove to have caused the explosion. All those injured were rescued and admitted to the district headquarters hospital.

The incident took place when Pramodini tried to ignite the gas to prepare food for the family. Her condition is stated to be critical.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.