TPSODL GM Arrested By Odisha Vigilance For Amassing Assets 111% Disproportionate To Income
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance on Thursday arrested a senior official of Tata Power South Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPSODL) for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income in Ganjam district.
The accused official, identified as Pramod Kumar Choudhury, happens to be senior general manager of TPSODL corporate office in Courtpeta, Berhampur, a Vigilance release said.
Choudhury was found to be in possession of disproportionate assets to the tune of 111% of known sources of income. After being arrested, he was forwarded to the Court of Special Judge (Vigilance), Berhampur.
The accused was arrested after he failed to give a satisfactory answer for possession of disproportionate assets. During searches, the following movable and immovable assets were unearthed in the name of Choudhury and his family members:
- Triple-storey building at Siddharth Nagar, Berhampur
- Double-storey building at Sashibhusan Nagar, Berhampur
- Double-storey building at Haripur village in Gopalpur
- Farmhouse in Gaunju, Berhampur with stock of materials for distilled water and electrical equipment worth over Rs 1.05 crore
- 9 plots in and around Berhampur and Chhatrapur
- Rs 67,000 cash
- Bank and Insurance deposits worth over Rs 36 lakh
- 1 four wheeler (Renault KWID RXT)
- 1 three-wheeler worth Rs 3 lakh
- 3 two-wheelers worth Rs 3 lakh
- Gold jewellery and household articles worth over Rs 13 lakh
Further investigation is underway and a case has been registered against both the accused and his son, the release added.
Comments are closed.