Angul: Train services in Dhenkanal-Sambalpur railway section have been disrupted following the derailment of a goods train over a bridge between Angul and Talcher Road early on Tuesday.
According to ECoR sources, the goods train from Firozepur to Khurda Road left Angul station at 2.15 am and derailed 2 km from Talcher Road. Nine wagons of the train capsized while one derailed around 2.35 am.
Flash flood reportedly led to the derailment. While the retaining walls on both sides have been damaged, the track approaching the bridge from Angul has been washed out.
Accident relief trains from both Sambalpur and Khurda Road were rushed to the spot. There have been no casualties reported. Divisional Railway Manager, Khurda Road, is reviewing the restoration and rerailment works.
Crane from Sambalpur will tackle wagons from Angul side and crane from Khurda Road will tackle engine and then wagons from Talcher side. Heavy water flow is still continuing near the washout area. JCB has been mobilized to create a diversion so as to reduce water flow for filling the breach, the ECoR said.
Following the incident, several trains have been cancelled, one short-terminated and routes of eight others diverted:
01. 08105 Rourkela-Puri Special from Rourkela.
02. 08106 Puri-Rourkela Special from Puri.
03. 02862Bhubaneswar-Rourkela Inter City Special from Bhubaneswar.
04. 02866 Puri-LTT Special from Puri.
05. 08493 Bhubaneswar-Balangir Inter City Special from Bhubaneswar.
06. 08494 Balangir-Bhubaneswar Inter City Special from Balangir.
07. 08451Hatia-Puri Special from Hatia.
08. 08452 Puri-Hatia Special from Puri.
09. 08425 Puri-Durg Special from Puri.
10. 08426 Durg-Puri Special from Durg
11. 08127 Rourkela-Gunupur Special from Rourkela.
12. 08128 Gunupur-Rourkela Special from Gunupur (on 15.09.2021).
13. 02814 Anand Vihar-Bhubaneswar Special from Anand Vihar on 13.09.2021 will run via Chakradharpur-Jaroli & Jakhapura.
14. 08503 Visakhapatnam-Amritsar Special from Visakhapatnam (now at Khalikot) will run via Vizianagaram-Rayagada-Titilagarh-Sambalpur.
15. 08426 Durg-Puri Special from Durg on 13.09.2021 now at Boinda will run via Sambalpur-Titilagarh-Vizianagaram-Khurda Road.
16. 08451 Hatia-Puri Tapaswini Special from Hatia on 13.09.2021 now at Angul will run via Sambalpur-Titilagarh-Vizianagaram-Khurda Road.
17. 02145 LTT-Puri Special from LTT on 12.09.2021 now at Angul will run via Sambalpur-Titilagarh-Vizianagaram-Khurda Road.
18. 04709 Bikaner-Puri Special from Bikaner on 12.09.2021 now at Rairakhol will run via Sambalpur-Titilagarh-Vizianagaram-Khurda Road.
19. 05128 Gunupur-Rourkela Special from Gunupur on 13.09.2021 now at Talcher Road will run via Kapilas Road-Jakhapura-Jaroli.
20. 02037 Puri-Ajmer Special from Puri on 13.09.2021 now at Budhapank will run via Khurda Road-Vizianagaram-Rayagada-Titilagarh.
02861 Rourkela-Bhubaneswar Inter City Special from Rourkela on 14.09.2021 will run between Rourkela and Sambalpur City and will remain cancelled between Sambalpur City and Bhubaneswar from both directions.