Vaccination For Children Gets Under Way In Odisha Today; Here’s Your Pocket Guide
Bhubaneswar: The vaccination programme for children in the 15-18 age group gets under way in Odisha on Monday (January 3). Here’s your ready guide:
* 939 special vaccination centres set up in Odisha.
* The vaccination centres’ timings will be 8 am-1 pm.
* The state government aims to complete the process of administering the first shot to all eligible children in the 15-18 age group in a month.
* Class 10 students in the state will be vaccinated after January 8. This is in view of the Class 10 summative assessment that will be held from January 5 to 8.
* Class 12 students will be vaccinated after January 12.
* Children born on or before January 1, 2007 are eligible for the vaccine shot.
* Second dose can be taken 28 days after first dose.
* Children, who tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered, can take the vaccine shot three months after recovery.
* Children eligible for vaccination can register on CoWIN with Aadhaar. If they don’t have Aadhaar, they can register with their student identity cards.
* On-the-spot, offline registration: They can also register themselves at vaccination centres.
* Odisha has set a target to vaccinate 25.53 lakh eligible children.
* Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) plans to vaccinate one lakh children in a month.
* All children will be administered Covaxin.