Vigilance Arrests Additional Tehsildar In DA Case In Odisha’s Sundargarh
Rourkela: Odisha Vigilance on Thursday arrested Kulamani Patel, Additional Tehsildar, Tangarpali in Sundargarh district and forwarded him to court for possession of disproportionate assets.
On the allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Patel, 8 teams of Vigilance officials conducted simultaneous house searches at 8 places in the district on Wednesday. During house searches, the following movable and immovable assets were unearthed in the name of Patel:
1) One triple-storey residential building worth around Rs 1 crore.
2) One double-storey building worth over Rs 46.29 lakh.
3) 3 residential houses.
4) 21 plots in prime area of the district.
5) Bank and Insurance deposits worth over Rs 37.68 lakh.
6) 3 four-wheelers worth Rs 14.48 lakh.
7) 2 tractors and 2 trailers worth Rs 14 lakh.
8) 3 two-wheelers worth over Rs 2.44 lakh.
9) Cash, gold and silver ornament and household articles worth over Rs 7.81 lakh.
After thorough search, inventory and further enquiry, the income, expenditure and assets of Patel were calculated and he was found in possession of disproportionate assets which is 253% higher than his known sources of income.
Rourkela Vigilance has registered a case against Patelunder PC Act, 1988 in this connection.