Warning For Google Chrome Users: Update Browser Or Else…
New Delhi: Many of us use Google Chrome browser to surf the Internet.
In a ‘high severity’ warning, the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, has said that certain vulnerabilities found in Chrome can be used by cyber attackers to hack users’ system.
The CERT-In report says the vulnerabilities have been found due to Type Confusion in V8, through which hackers can access personal data and inject malware on a targeted computer, reported Hindustan Times.
But there is no reason to panic. CERT-In has advised Chrome users to update the browser ASAP. Google has already ‘fixed’ these vulnerabilities in its latest update for Chrome.
According to Google, it has provided 22 security fixes to plug loopholes and prevent hackers from taking control of computers remotely.
Google announced that the stable build of the widely used browser is 96.0.4664.93 for Windows, Mac and Linux, and added that an “extended stable channel will be rolled out for Windows and Mac” soon.
Here’s how you can update Chrome browser:
* Open Google Chrome browser
* Click on three tiny dots at the top right corner
* Bring the cursor to Help, which will show an option About Google Chrome
* When clicked, the browser will show the build and start updating (if there is any update pending)
* The user will be prompted to restart the Chrome browser. Doing do will launch the updated browser which will offer better protection against online attacks