Who Is The New Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal, Set To Take Over From Jack Dorsey?
San Francisco: Twitter announced the appointment of Parag Agrawal as CEO after the company’s co-founder Jack Dorsey stepped down on Monday.
“Twitter Inc. today announced that Jack Dorsey has decided to step down as chief executive officer and that the Board of Directors has unanimously appointed Parag Agrawal as CEO and a member of the board, effective immediately,” a statement from the social media giant said.
Parag, who was Twitter’s chief technical officer, expressed his gratitude to Dorsey and the entire team.
So who is Parag Agrawal?
* An IIT-Bombay alumnus, Parag joins the long list of India-born personalities to be heading major global companies.
* Parag joined Twitter as Distinguished Software Engineer a decade ago and then became chief technology officer (CTO).
* As CTO, Parag was responsible for Twitter’s technical strategy and overseeing machine learning and AI across the consumer, revenue and science teams.
* Before Twitter, Parag worked with Microsoft, Yahoo and AT&T Labs.
* After doing his B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT-Bombay, Parag completed his Ph.D. from Stanford University.
* Parag has an estimated net worth of $1.52million, according to PeopleAI.