11 Injured In LPG Cylinder Explosion In Odisha’s Ganjam

Berhampur: At least 11 persons were injured as an LPG cylinder exploded in Odisha’s Ganjam district on Monday evening.


According to sources, the incident took place in the house of Prasant Kumar Behera of Amundi village under Patrapur block in the district. While a woman cook was preparing food in the kitchen, she smelt gas leaking from the LPG cylinder and informed the family.

When the family members went to the kitchen to verify, they found the room on fire. While they along with their neighbours were engaged in extinguishing the fire, the cylinder exploded.

The explosion was so powerful that the asbestos roof of the kitchen and its adjacent rooms were blown away, the sources said.

On being informed, Fire services personnel rushed to the village and rescued 11 persons injured in the explosion. They sent them in ambulance to the hospital at Chikiti and extinguished the fire.

As the condition of four persons, who sustained burn injuries, deteriorated, they were shifted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital at Berhampur.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.