Over 35 houses gutted in fire mishaps

Cuttack: More than 35 houses were gutted as a major fire broke out in Bengali slum near Nirgundi toll plaza at Muguli late on Friday.

It took five fire tenders an hour to douse the flames.

According to the slum dwellers, a kerosene lamp started the fire. Clothes, food items and utensils kept inside the houses were damaged.

District officials reached the spot and assured all support to the victims.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.