5 Controversies Of Nawazuddin Siddiqui: From Spat With Rishi Kapoor To One-Night Stand With Waitress In NY
Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui turned 48 on Wednesday. Born in a small village, Budhana in Uttar Pradesh, Nawazuddin came from a modest family and was the eldest of eight siblings.
While working as a watchman in an office in Delhi, Nawazuddin started watching plays and soon got into NSD. He was first recognised for his acting in the film industry with Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Black Friday’ in 2007. He shot to fame with Aamir Khan Production’s Peepli Live in 2010. Since then, Nawazuddin has worked in numerous films and web series and carved a spot for himself in the industry.
The actor, who had quite a struggle to make a mark in the industry, has often been in the news for controversies surrounding his life.
- Nawazuddin’s wife Aaliya filed a divorce against him in 2020 accusing him of infidelity. His wife said in her statement that, the actor used to be in regular contact with three or four girls even during her pregnancy. Aaliya later retracted the divorce claiming that it will be unsuitable for the future of their children.
- In 2014, Nawazuddin had an ugly spat with Rishi Kapoor as their views differed on romantic genre. Nawazuddin called out the formulaic method of running around trees for romance as “clichéd”, which irked Rishi who called him an average actor. Nawazuddin later apologised and said his comments have been misunderstood.
- The actor allegedly slapped a girl over parking issues in 2016 following a heated argument. As per the police report, Nawazuddin had an argument with a lady owing to parking spaces in which the actor could not control his anger and slapped her.
- Nawazuddin biogragraphy “An extraordinary life” sparked many controversies for his love affair with his co-stars Niharika Singh and Sunita Rajawar. The actor finally withdrew the book after the leading ladies called it baseless and full of lies.
- His “one night stand” with a waitress in New York also finds a mention in his autobiography. It is mentioned that, the actor was chilling out with his friend in a restaurant in New York city’s Soho area when a waitress stared at him. After some introductions, the actor said what happens in New York stays in New York.